Bodyguards can come in handy when trying to protect your family and home. Bodyguards can be used for personal protection, or as security guards for your home security. Here is our top list of popular bodyguards, both real and fictitious.
1. John Creasy – This fictitious bodyguard character is played by Denzel Washington in the movie “Man on Fire”. This hit movie follows the actions of Creasy, a burnt-out-ex-CIA officer in the film who reluctantly decides to bodyguard for a girl whose parents are worried she will be targeted for kidnapping. When she is abducted, Creasy has a long and hard journey trying to track down the culprits to get her back safe, sound, and in one piece.
2. Michael Clarke Duncan – This actor has been nominated for close protection an Oscar and has appeared in many Hollywood movies. He once worked as a bouncer for different Chicago nightclubs before he became famous, however. This large man definitely has the build of someone you would want by your side for protection.
3. Avi Korein – He owns the Screen International Security Services in Los Angeles. He started his career in the bodyguard field as a bouncer, and went on to establish one of Hollywood’s main security providers. His bodyguard employees protect the likes of Will Smith, Angelina Jolie, and Tom Cruise.
4. Mr. T – “I pity the fool”. This man once worked as a bodyguard Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, Bruce Lee, and Diana Ross. He is perhaps one of the most recognized bodyguard turned celebrity.
5. “Big Coco” – Big Coco’s real name is Cory Smith. He has been the bodyguard for many famous stars. Some of these include “Prince”, Gladys Knight, and Natalie Cole.
6. Elijiah Shaw – He is the CEO of Icon Services Corporation. He directs the security measures of many famous Hollywood stars and recording artists. Icon Services Corporation initiated the ISC Safety Net Program which provides free bodyguard services to domestic abuse victims.
7. The Imperial Royal Guard – A nerd at heart, I just couldn’t leave out the members of the elite guard charged with the protection of Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars Universe. The dark villain was almost never seen without being accompanied by these red-hooded body guards. While they have no speaking roles in the movies, their presence definitely made an impact for many Star Wars fans and continuing works of fiction.